Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored composite resin (a durable plastic) is applied to restore or improve your smile when you have chipped, fractured, decayed or discolored teeth. With exposure to a concentrated halogen light, this material actually “bonds” to the tooth for a healthy, natural-looking smile.
Because the material used in bonding is not as strong as other dental restorations, bonding is usually best suited for small cosmetic changes or for restoration of teeth in areas of low bite pressure (for example, front teeth).
- Dental Bonding Can Be Used To:
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Restore appearance of discolored teeth
- Use as an aesthetically pleasing alternative to amalgam(silver) fillings
- Close gaps between teeth
- Make teeth look longer or otherwise change their shape
- Protect part of the tooth’s root that has become exposed due to gum recession
Learn more about our cosmetic dental procedures and teeth bonding by contacting us today!